Today is a beautiful Sunday. Now is a beautiful moment. Take time to look back at your week with gratitude. Did you accomplish the things you wanted to?
School starts tomorrow and I was supposed to talk about the education, knowledge and wisdom at the Satsang but I thought that the crowd did not need that talk.
We all know what education is. It is the school system. It is learning acquired from books and other outside sources including other people.
Knowledge on the other hand I will define as experience. So it is ‘learning’ that you have acquired within your own self and you know it to be true. It is an affirmation of the truth that you and others around know and can relate to.
Wisdom is the ability to put education and knowledge together and become wise. So we must sharpen the intellect. No wonder the Gayatri mantra is thought of to be the greatest mantra.
For this week focus on wisdom. Think of becoming wiser in your life in the simple way you do things. Build wisdom in your whole life. Meditation do bring you wisdom.
Here are some thoughts on going deeper.
Our mind field goes something like this:
- what will I do
- what if
- I cannot sleep
- I feel so sad
- I am not loved
- I am scared about death
- where is God
- I prayer all the time but nothing happens
- I feel like something is missing in life but I don’t know what
As you sit daily in meditation and you start getting rid of unwanted things and embracing the good things according to our spiritual nature you will start getting periods of peace from this endless thought wave. You could try daily affirmations too.
So perhaps one day some of these things will appear:
- No thoughts are coming. So no questions. The being is blissful.
- The thoughts that do come, sprouts knowledge in the experience – wow, this is amazing.
- You are not chasing useless desires and other people’s desires
- You are naturally focusing better on your role in the family, career and society better than before.
- You are actually starting to feel the grace of God
- You are becoming wiser and stronger to deal with life situations
If you have not meditated before then it is hard to start. Start by doing the exercise yoga and singing kirtan. Attend one of our programs. See what you find.
Satsang is a date with God, an evening in heaven. Satsang is sitting in truth, sitting in presence.
Then after some time after intense “database cleaning” you have arrived deep where the seat of the soul exists:
- You have no more questions about God or the universe.
- You are happy. You are at peace. You are merged with the whole